Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Khazzan

Since somebody decided to ruin my competition, because they THOUGHT that they were smart, I have decided to end it. Anyway the picture is of a KHAZZAN. A Khazzan is used to store oil in, and is intended to float in the ocean. The one that I took the picture of is in Al Khazzan Park, right next to DPC (Dubai Petroleum Company). The first one was built in 1969 by CBI for DPC.

The next time someone decides to put their own links in, to try to prove they were right, I shall remove them immediately. Do not send in more comments DEMANDING that I remove comment moderation etc etc. This is MY blog and you sabotaged it.

The answers that I was looking for are as follows:
1. Khazzan
2. Al Khazzan Park, Al Badr.
3. Forget it now.






9 comments:

BuJ said...

hmm i wonder if u can get us a pic of AD airport.. damn i've been abroad for too long!!
anyway good competition.. send us a round 2 :)

CG said...

I am sure clucky Kaya can do the honours...after all, she is an expert on A-D airport. I believe she spends many hours there ....just wandering around. hehe haha

Harsha said...

I must commend the close up though.

Long Distance said...

I AM TAKING OVER cg's BLOG!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ME E!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

YEE HAH!!!!

nzm said...

Happy Birthday, LD aka Louise!

Dang, I learned soemthing today - I would have guessed water tower too, like Sam.

So, it raises the question for me - is the one by/in Al Safa Park actually a water tower, or is it a khazzan turned upside down for decor?

Interesting that they were built on the site where the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the Burj Al Arab now sit.

moryarti said...

i knew it all the time :D

CG said...

then start working on my next one Mr.M.....hehe

i*maginate said...

lol i love this place and that thing whatever it is meant to be - I mean does it really store oil?

I hope it is never removed - it looks so odd amongst the surrounding landscape, so beautifully odd!

thx 4 sharing

rosh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.