Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pass the Tongue

Last week my daughter had her birthday party, a few weeks early as her birthday falls slap bang in the middle of Ramadan. She is still too young to accept that Ramadan should hold more importance than her birthday. Last year she went without a party and I never heard the end of it, so to save my ears and sanity I made sure to arrange it all well ahead of time. I also went out on a limb to arrange plenty of fun games to keep them busy and excited, which with todays kids is quite hard to do. When you see them, at the tender age of 6 whiz on their play stations and managing to access forbidden sites which even some hardened hackers are having difficulty with, you start to have difficulty visualizing them sitting daintily playing pass the parcel.

Much thought went into my games, but the one thing I knew was they had to be either hi-tech or total gross-outs. I decided that I would go with the disgusting.

One of the games was for all the kids to be seated in a circle, blindfolded and passed bowls covered with aluminium foil (for the peekers). They had to dip their hands into holes in the top of the foil and guess the content. We had some really nice surprises inside, here are a few of them:

A cows tongue
Cows feet, thinly sliced
Sloppy jelly with grapes in it (eyeballs)

The kids were shrieking and a good time was had by all.

Once they found out they had been squeezing and poking a cows tongue they all suddenly went quiet and as white as a sheet. Guess what they thought....................MUWAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAA

11 comments:

Harsha said...

i'm confused

CG said...

where did I confuse you?

Harsha said...

cows tongue?? cows feet??

CG said...

looooooooool....they sell them at hyper panda

Long Distance said...

Thelma,

ARE YOU SERIOUS ????

CG said...

Louise
Don't you know me by now?

nzm said...

You evil woman!

I like it! :-)

moryarti said...

OK .... now I don't want to know what happened to the Rooster..

BuJ said...

So you put jelly and grapes to simulate eyes? That's just pure mean... pure CG.. hehe

Long Distance said...

Apparently all that novocaine has affected your brain.

CG said...

My brain was beyond repair before the dental visits...but after what I have been through there is no stopping me now!